Chael - Resilient Chael - Resilient

Really nice track. The transitions from 3/4 to 4/4 were pretty cool, I can't say I've heard much music like that. Adding a few unexpected growls in the second half was nice a touch. Also, the ending is cute, it's good.

Chael - Uncharted Chael - Uncharted

I really like the sound design. Its very different than the typical dub/drumstep sounds I hear constantly, which is good. I also really enjoy the percussion and little fills you have in the drop.

Xtrullor - Event Horizon Xtrullor - Event Horizon

Brilliant! Perfect job as always Xtrullor! I'd love to get some tips from you at some point on how to create such amazing dubstep sounds. Keep it up! I love your work.

Ghost Slayer [DUBSTEP] Ghost Slayer [DUBSTEP]

Wow! This is absolutly massive!! Please finish this! I love the voice and sound samples. I just think the thunder at the intro is to loud. Also, if you finish this, definitly make the drop longer. I have nothing really negative to say. Awesome work! (What synths do you use for the dubstep sounds?)

Anitrik responds:

Thank you Gravidi ! Well this track may be finished so don't worry, and the thunder removed. I used Massive to make my dubstep sounds, I took a growl preset and modified it. Actually I used more synths that are a bit hidden like for example just when the drop start there is a Sakura ( yes no kidding ), a 3×OSC and a Sytrus playing at the same time so as to create a "deep effect", don't really know how to call this aha. But the core of the beat is made by Massive ;)

Reactionary Reactionary

This is definitely some quality dubstep, and I think the mixing is very well done. One thing I wish you had done differently was use more of the orchestra sounds in the drop. A few questions: what synth did you use for the dubstep sounds, and did you design all the sounds from scratch or use presets? Cus they are very good. I really like that one that almost sounds wooden right as the bass drops. Also, where did you get the orchestra sounds/samples?

Chael - Nightmare Chael - Nightmare

Not gonna lie, I love this song. I saw it first on your SoundCloud. I'm new to making dubstep, cause I just got NI Massive a few months ago. (Although I have been doing electro and other weird genres for some time now). I know that my songs are not quite as professional sounding as this or other songs. I noticed that you have seen a few of my dubstep attempts, and I was wondering if you could give me tips on how to make something epic like this. (Also, I'd love to collab with you sometime).

ChaelMusic responds:

Okay, I will look into some of your dubstep; I believe I already did at some point but I'll check again!!

Your New Friend Your New Friend

Ok, to start, I think that the melody is really good, and also the mixing. A few things you could improve on: Try using more different sounds and melodies. The song was a little bit repetitive. Also, try making different sections. (Again, this made it kind of repetitive). The "woosh" sound effect was good, but slightly over used. I really liked the robot voice! What did you use to get that?

I hope this feedback helps some :)

-Gravidi

BlueThunder03 responds:

Okay, thanks a lot for your review. I worked on the mixing, but it was a pain in the ass even though I had only a few synths, should have used limiters like I'm doing in my next track. For the robot voice, I'm using the vocoding option of FL Studio, that i don't like much, but I got a satisfying robot voice while ewperimenting, so yeah...

PS : You're the first one to like that white noise... 8)

The King Of Oszhova The King Of Oszhova

Wow! This is just... I don't even know, its so awesome! It is the perfect choice for some epic background battle music. I really like when the violins cut out for a few measures, leaving just the piano and percussion, this sounds very nice. One of the main things that hooked me was the drums and cinematic effects. May I ask were you got these samples? Or did you use record with real drums yourself?

slaleky responds:

Thanks! Very glad you like enjoyed it! The percussion is from Native Instrument's Komplete's Damage Library, and the cinematic rise and hits are from the Rise and Hit Library from the same package. They're both Kontakt libraries. :)

TheFatRat- Windfall (Spectral Remake) TheFatRat- Windfall (Spectral Remake)

This is really awesome! I really love the sounds that you used. I made a remake of this song also, if you want to check it out. (Yours is way better than mine tho... XD)

ChaelMusic responds:

No problem, I can check yours out! I made this a while back, but thanks for the review! I might actually make an improved version later.

Moonstone Moonstone

This is practically unbelievable! Pure respect! I wish I could make music like this. The only thing I heard missing from this was a more thorough breakdown. But it really doesn't change to much. Mixing and technical stuff is very nice. Keep it up! Can't wait to hear another track like this in the future!